All elevators or other conveyances must be annually inspected by a Third Party Certified Elevator Inspector pursuant to s. 399.13, Florida Statutes. The Florida Elevator Safety Act requires that only licensed vertical conveyances that have a current satisfactory inspection can renew their Certificate of Operation.
As the Elevator Owner, keeping abreast of current Statutes and Regulatory issues that affect your Vertical Conveyances is difficult, not to mention the complex inspection and paperwork processes involved. Our staff of Elevator Professionals and Customer Service team is here to advocate on your behalf; from correcting violations, inquiring about missing or non-issuance of renewal Certificates of Operation to performing Re-Inspections, we are with you every step of the way.
Here is an outline of the Added Value Services you receive as a direct customer of ours—
Annual Inspection Process
- Contact you 6 weeks prior to your inspection date to identify any changes to your Elevator Maintenance Company, or on-site inspection contact as well as provide you with a Pre – Inspection checklist.
- Co-ordinate the inspection date between our Inspector, your Elevator Maintenance Company as well as your on-site Inspection contact.
- Perform the inspection.
- Electronically file the completed inspection report to the State of Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
- Provide you, our customer, with either an electronic version of the Inspection Report or we will mail you a hard copy.
- Provide a copy to your Elevator Maintenance Company.
If Violations are discovered at the time of Inspection
- Communicate the Violations to you, our customer
- Consistently following up with you and the Elevator Maintenance Company to ensure the violations are corrected within 90 days of the Inspection date in accordance with s.399.105(4), Florida Statutes
- Perform the Re-Inspection to clear the violations
- Electronically file the completed inspection report to the State of Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation
- Provide you, our customer, with either and electronic version of the Re-Inspection Report or mail you a hard copy
- Provide a copy to your Elevator Maintenance Company